Dental implants are an excellent option to replace missing teeth and provide a repaired solution to excluding incomplete or complete dentures. Implants render outstanding support and security.
Dental implants are fabricated roots and teeth surgically placed into the upper or lower jaw bone by a dentist or Periodontist. The teeth connected to implants are very natural looking and often improve and return a patient’s confident smile!
Dental implants are reliable and durable. Only when needed they will have to be re-tightened during your routine dental examination.
Reasons Why You May Need Dental Implants?
- To replace the missing teeth without altering the opposite teeth.
- To relieve joint pain or fix bite problems caused by teeth shifting into the missing space.
- To bring back a patient’s confident smile.
- To restore speech, chewing, and digestion.
- To correct or improve facial tissues.
- To provide stability for a bridge or denture, making it more guarded and satisfactory.
What Does Getting Dental Implants Involve?
To get dental implants requires numerous times of visits over several months. X-rays and impressions are taken to determine bone, gum tissue, and spacing available for an implant. While the area is injected with local anesthesia, the implant will be surgically placed into the bone. The implant will then heal and integrate itself for up to six months. After a couple of weeks to allow healing, the artificial teeth are made and fitted to the post portion of the anchor. Several fittings may be needed; this step may take one to two months to complete. After a stimulating period, the synthetic tooth will be securely attached to the implant, providing outstanding stability and comfort to the patient. Strict oral hygiene and eating habits, alongside regular dental visits, will aid in the life of your new implant.